When Did It Become Okay...

It's Saturday and I am home alone with the Marty & Milo.  I started to think about this on my way to get my chicken rice bowl I called in to Island Rumbi Grill.  When did it start for me that it was okay not to have plans on a Saturday night.  I didn't always be this way.  I remember high school and if I didn't have plans for both Friday and Saturday night, I was devastated.  Than as I came into my freshman and sophomore year of college, I think I started to look forward to the nights when I didn't have anything to do.

So when did it start?  I don't know the exact date, time or place, but as I sit here I have realized that it has been okay for awhile.  Even before marrying James, I was content to be home on a weekend night.  Now don't get me wrong, there were plenty of times it was depressing that I wasn't out and about being a social butterfly or on a date.  I sometimes would even be embarrassed to be out getting a meal for one.  I always felt like the people behind the counter were looking at me and asking themselves, 'I know why I am not out on a weekend night, but what is your excuse?'  I laugh now cause for some reason having a ring on my finger I am no longer embarrassed to be ordering a meal for one.

So as I sit here and reminisce about the past times, I am glad that I was some how prepared for these days where I would be home alone on the weekends. Well maybe not completely home alone (there is Marty & Milo), but I know the day will come where I won't be home alone.  There will come a time I will be sitting and blogging and wondering when the day would come that I can sit and relax and be home alone.

Comments

  1. An inspirational story of vulnerability and overcoming adversity
    thanks for having the courage to share

    Mentoring Life Coach
    Sober Blog
    Live Alcohol Free Challenge
    Twelve Step Books

    All the best
    for the future
    Bren

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Engaged

Hiatus

James and Kelly Blog