Summer Fun

I can't believe the summer has flown by.  The mornings are now cooler and I have beginning to see the leaves change. And the most important sign that summer is on the way out.. BACK TO SCHOOL!

James has restarted school at SLCC and is taking on being a full time student and full time employee.  I was reminded on Saturday about my Back to School days, especially the college ones.  Saturday I took a drive up to Logan to watch the USU vs ISU football game.  (I was lucky enough James was able to get me into the game)  As I drove through the town, I was amazed at the changes Logan has gone through (now there are 2 Walmarts, an Island Rumbi Grill, and a Marriott).. but my still stomping ground is there.  I was reminded of all the turkey dinners I got on Saturday night from Juniper take-out as I headed up for the night shift as the USU Operator, the apartments I lived in my last 3 years, and the fun I had and all the amazing people I meet up there.

Side Note *Back to school always reminds me of the movie "You've Got Mail".. I am always reminded of Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks writing to each other how they love the smells and how Meg wants to have a bouquet of pencils.  I know random...

Anyways, going up there was so much fun. I was able to hang out with Brian and Lindsay (and the twins) at the game.  Which is also funny cause after almost a year of not seeing them, I have now seen them 3 times in the last week and a half.  It was also fun to see James in action at work.  You can really tell he is enjoying what he does, especially now that sports season is in full swing.

Overall the summer has been pretty low key for us.  We were very lucky to go with my parents to San Fran!  Although a short trip, we had a good time, and James was way excited to see his first NFL game.  We went and saw the 49ers vs the vikings in a preseason game.  While we were there, we were able to eat at Chinatown Oakland (which was way interesting) and visit the boardwalk at Santa Clara.  We also went down to Pier 39, where I found the best fudge.  Mmmm I miss it already.  Pictures have been posted on James and I's Facebook.  I would post some here, but they are on my external hard drive and I am being pretty lazy and don't want to get off the couch to go get it.

Last weekend I made it up to Idaho for Labor Day.  I do have to admit I miss Idaho.  While I was there, the Eastern Idaho State Fair started.  All I can say is that if you haven't been you are missing out.  The most amazing fair food.  While I was there I had a chicken bowl, scone nuggets, caramel apple, fresh squeezed limeade with strawberries and more fudge.  The only thing I missed out on was bread from the bread barn, a pronto pup (corn dog), cheeseburger and fries and corn on the cobb.  Hopefully on Tuesday I will be able to make up at the Utah State Fair on the things I didn't eat in Idaho, but I am actually looking to find a food item I was introduced to when I was living in Provo...  Fries with gravy and cheese.. So wish my lucky in my food adventure on Tuesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Engaged

Hiatus

James and Kelly Blog