Get Motivated

Yesterday I attended the GET MOTIVATED seminar at the ESA.  There were some great points that were brought up and things that I think everyone can take away.  The question is what will you do and what will you let go on the back burner.  Although a lot of the investing/savings/having 7 sources of income, are far from my current reach on my current income and time, but it all made a lot of sense.  I really enjoyed what Collin Powell, John Walsh, Mitt Romney and Tamera Lowe had to say.  All the speakers gave all the same general points: being a leader, how to become a leader, finding your motivation and defining your own success. Somethings I learned:

1. It only takes one - John Walsh (I teared up at his talk, he talked about his son Adam)
2. The grass can be greener on your own side of the fence, but it is up to you. - Mitt Romney
3. Finding your own Motivational DNA - Tamara Lowe
4. You need to be in the game to win - J. Smith
5. Read things you like to as well as things you don't. - Rudy Giuliani (part of a list of 5 things to becoming an successful leader)
6. Take opportunities - A few spoke of this
7. Pyramid of Success - Sarah Palin
8. You need to know where you are going - Collin Powell
9. Making your own definition of success - A few speakers
10. It doesn't matter where you start, but where you go and how you get there. - Tamara Lowe (and others)

These are just a few things I learned.  There were a lot more things, but at this moment these are some of the few I could remember.  I think one of the biggest ones to stick out at me was the you need to know where you are going.  I think every day, where to do I want to go.  You would think by the age of 28 I would know where I want to go, but as of this moment I only have a few ideas and they keep changing.  I decided to make a new goal for myself and that is to figure out where I want to go. (and stick to it)

Comments

  1. i liked the read things you like aswell as don't like by Rudy. by the way, WHAT UP KELLY. brian

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Engaged

Hiatus

James and Kelly Blog